The key objectives of the Let’s Be Aware / Ujjiqsuqta strategy include:
- Increasing Nunavummiut understanding of what safer and responsible use of alcohol is.
- Increasing Nunavummiut understanding of the risks associated with drinking alcohol.
- Creating opportunities where Nunavummiut can support each other to use alcohol safely and responsibly if they decide to drink, and act as positive role models in their families and communities.
- Addressing the myths about alcohol use and how it affects individuals, families and communities.
- Providing helping professions, Alcohol Education Committees, and community members with the information and tools they need to support a responsible and safer approach to alcohol use in their communities.