If you or someone you know wants help to stop or reduce alcohol use, there is support available:
- Talk to a nurse, doctor, mental health worker or social worker.
- Call the Kamatsiaqtut Help Line (1-867-979-3333), Nunavut’s 24/7 suicide and crisis hotline.
- Talk to a supportive friend, family member or Elder.
- Contact Alcoholics Anonymous - if there is one in the community. (For people who want to stop drinking or want support after they have quit drinking.)
- Contact Al-Anon – if there is one in the community. (A group for families and friends of alcoholics.)