The artwork is in, the votes have been cast, and we’re pleased to announce that the winners for this year’s Calendar Challenge have been chosen! Thank you to everyone who participated and be sure to check back throughout 2020 to see a new winner each month!
We know youth may already be engaged in alcohol use or have witnessed the impacts of alcohol among their family and friends. Our hope is to use this interactive and engaging approach to begin conversations and help to educate youth on the responsible use of alcohol. We hope that the key messages shared through this challenge will be shared amongst peers as time goes on.
An award for the best drawing went to Haley H., whose art is on the cover of the calendar and on one of the months. Drawings by the other winning artists illustrate the other months and the students each received a $100 gift card.
Congratulations to the artists:
- Angeleene P. (grade 7, Hall Beach)
- Haley K. (grade 7, Iqaluit)
- Shaye and Ezra (grade 7, Cambridge Bay)
- Troy A. (Kugaaruk)
- Kassidy K. (grade 9, Baker Lake)
- Paige (grade 5, Gjoa Haven)
- Esther T. (grade 8, Baker Lake)
- Kenneth J. (grade 3, Clyde River)
- Yvonne P. (grade 8, Pond Inlet)
- Mina K. (grade 7, Sanikiluaq)
- Terrence A. (Kugaaruk)
- Haley H. (grade 9, Baker Lake)
A printable version of the calendar is available here.